Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Things I Let Myself Get Talked Into....

So Caitlin convinced me to join NaBloPoMo. After several emails and text messages that went something like this:

She: Come on! You can do it! You're such an amazing, talented and gifted writer! Plus you're smokin' hot.
Me: No Caitlin, I just do not have time in my busy schedule for such shenanigans.
She: But you are so awesome! You need to share your awesomeness with the rest of the world!
Me: Yes, I am awesome, but have far too much on my plate to worry about posting EVERY DAY for an entire MONTH.
She: But April, you have a gift! It is your obligation to share it with the masses!
Me: Oh darling, silly, little sister that I never had. Flattery will get you no where.
She (breaking down in tears): Did I ever tell you you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be. Oh and I, I can fly higher than an eagle. Because you are the wind beneath my wings!
Me (sighing, rolling eyes): Okay! I'll do it. But only if you stop singing!!
She: You complete me.

So this is how I got roped into this. And it could be a disaster. But I am committed to it. I am going to post every day during the month of November.

You realize what this means, right? You are going to be so sick of me. And I might have to talk about things that I would not normally talk about. Because it is so difficult coming up with a blog worthy topic a few times a week!! And now I have committed to ONE A DAY FOR 30 DAYS!! Oh. My. God. What have I done?? Can you all excuse me momentarily? I just need to stick my head between my knees for a minute.

(Deep breaths . . . .)

Okay. Allright. Game on! We can do this. I can do this. You can do this! But we are going to have to set up some rules.

First - You will read what I put in front of you and you will not complain. Because it might suck. (Highly unlikely, but still slightly possible.)
Second - If it does suck, we will not discuss how badly it sucked. You will forgive me and we will move on.
Third - You will keep your expectations low. Really low. Pamela Anderson v-neck shirt low.
And finally - There may be some recycling of stories, things you have heard me talk about if you know me in real life. Material is precious people. We are going to use everything we have, there will be no wasting of resources.

So now that we are clear, I would like to remind you all that we are in this together. I for one am scared to death. But I will not let you down. I am not a quitter! So good luck to all!

And God Save the Queen!

Editors Note: Some of the conversation with Caitlin may have only happened in my head, I really can't remember. But if you have not visited her, please take some time to do so. She's an absolute doll!

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

April you are the sweetest! However, anyone reading this right now who knows me in real life will know that you're a dadgum liar. Mostly because I'm not a doll, but also because I would NEVER stop singing obnoxiously if I knew it was bothering you. Most likely I would double the volume and invent an impromptu interpretive dance to go with it.

You're amazing, I love you. And I'm glad to have you on this (somewhat frightening) journey with me!

Kristi said...

Oh the pressure, oh the humanity! A friend of mine is trying to convince me to do this as well, and I figure I've still got a day to talk myself out of it since I already put a post up for today!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my baby's birthday!

Thunderfoot said...

Yipee!
You...everyday, what's not to love about that?

Sue said...

Yay! I will look forward to it EVERYDAY!

Thanks for your comments about the shing-ding I did. Next years theme is probably an old West Ghost town..., wanna come?

for a different kind of girl said...

Good luck! I can't even think of anything to write about at all for a couple posts next week, so I'd crash under the pressure of NaBloPoMo.

DevilsHeaven said...

And here I was feeling the pressure of not posting about the wedding events after one whole week! Good luck sistah girl!