Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Recipe Day!!

The lovely Kristen S asked for my recipe for my favorite salad. Here it is, this is my Aunt Nellie's Kick Ass Salad. Enjoy!

Aunt Nellie's Kick Ass Salad

Dressing:
3/4 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (2 large lemons)
2 Garlic Cloves – minced
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper

Salad:

2 Bunches (2 lbs) Romaine
2 Cups Chopped Tomato
1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
2/3 Cup Toasted Slivered Almonds or Toasted Pecans (I prefer Almonds)
1/2 Cup Grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese
8 Pieces Cooked Bacon –crumbled
1 Cup Croutons

In a jar or bowl with a tight fitting lid combine first five ingredients and shake well (or put in blender). Mix remaining ingredients and add dressing. Serves 14.

2 comments:

kristen s said...

The next time I get my lazy butt to the grocery store, I'm buying all of the ingredients and making this bad boy. My family will be shocked to have salad that didn't come from a bag! Thanks Queen April!

Chris H said...

YUmmo! Must try that salad!