Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More or Less

I wish I had more....

Time in the day.

Patience, especially when dealing with stupid people. Especially stupid people at the grocery story. Which was a mad house tonight. A mad house full of grumpy stupid people.

Fullness in the breast-ular area. Totally a word. Is too.

Money. Who does not want more money? Money is good. Money is our friend.

Confidence in my parenting skills. These kids are so gonna need counseling.

Recipes to satisfy the picky palates of my family. This is a major bone of contention with me.

Perfect jeans that fit just right.

Control over my mouth. Or maybe it's the speed of the thought turning into words that I need control over?? Either way...

Thick skin. I let things bother me. And I take things too personally at times. Stupid stuff. I'm a dork.


I wish I had less...

Pounds on the scale.

Laundry to fold.

Dust in my house.

Bills coming in.

Miles between me and my parents.

Miles between me and many of my friends.

Interactions with stupid people.

Sensitive feelings.

Grey hairs. How is that I still feel like a kid? My hair is totally not cooperating with my emotional age. But I am okay with the wrinkles forming around my eyes and mouth. They show I have laughed a lot. But the grey hairs? They just piss me off.


What do you wish you had more or less of?

8 comments:

Chris H said...

My list would be too bloody long to even start! If I had to just have ONE wish :
More happiness
Less kilos!

beeeeeeeee said...

My list would be pretty similar to yours. Especially the stupid gray hair part.

I enjoy your blog - found it from Practically Wisdom.

Bogart in P Towne said...

In the words of the immortal Biggie...Mo Money, Mo Problems!

Glad you are okay with the wrinkles...those are expensive and painful to fix, but the gray hairs can be taken care of pain free and cheap.

Sara Jane said...

more love. less drama.

Trisha said...

The grey hairs - I laugh because my mother WANTS grey hair. Okay - she really wants white hair and she will probably never have it. She is in her late 60's and still have brown hair naturally with just a few greys mixed in.

My dad's family all end up with white, white hair as they age. Mom thinks it looks neat and has wanted it for years. She might not get it but I'll bet I do! I found a white hair jsut the other day!

Gladys said...

I wish I had

1. More Talent
2. More patience
3. More money
4. More ability to do the things I want to do.
5. More coordination so that I could do things like ski, dance, walk and chew gum.

I wish I had less
1. Miles between me and my family
2. Fears
3. fat on my butt and thighs
4. bills

What would you change about yourself if you could?

kristen s said...

I wish I had more:
*Parenting skills... not just confidence in them... SKILLS period.
*Self Esteem
*Desire to clean my house

I wish I had less:
*Anxiety
*Fat on my butt, arms, thighs and "finnies" (the area over my butt that makes my ass look like a freaking square)
*Desire to eat chocolate

The list could really go on and on in each category, but who has that kind of time?

KT said...

great post! i'm so gonna steal this one. :)