Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mistaken Identity

Alrighty friends. I have about 8 billion things to do and not enough time to do them. Yeah, yeah, welcome to your world, right? I am assuming no one is reading this anyway because you all are defrosting turkeys and stuff, right?

Regardless, I have laundry to do, kids to pack and a pumpkin-gingerbread trifle to make. Did you see how I snuck that in there?? "Kids to pack." Oh yeah baby, my mother, God bless her, is taking my kids for the long weekend. You know what that means. Bow chicka wow wow!

You know I just realized I always say my mother is taking them. When in fact my dad is there and has them too. How uncool to not give some of the credit to my dad. Who will be barbecuing burgers for them and helping them put legos together and all the stuff that awesome Grandpas do.

Anyhoots, I thought I would leave you with a funny "Guess what my kid just said!" story. This cracked me up.

This morning, I was getting ready to comb the boys' hair for school. It was raining cats and dogs, very unusual weather for us, so Mac came in my bathroom dressed like an eskimo. Yeah. It's still 68 degrees outside. Except he was wearing one glove. So I said "What's with the glove, Michael Jackson?"

He looked at me with big sad eyes. "Mom! That's not nice. Michael Jackson kills puppies."

What?

And then Junior rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Dude. That was Michael Vick."

Happy Thanksgiving Eve People! Wish me luck on my Trifle!!

3 comments:

beeeeeeeee said...

Sorry - still reading. No turkey to defrost here.

Hilarious about the Michaels!

Sue said...

Very cute! Enjoy your long weekend - that's awesome!

Good luck with the trifle. Mine always look so pretty and taste like mush...oh well....

Kristi said...

That trifle sounds awesome! Hope you had a great holiday - and are REALLY enjoying your weekend!