Saturday, October 18, 2008

Not Happening

We just rented The Happening.

Um..... Yeah.

I just have one question for Marky Mark. Why? Why, man? Why??

After your Oscar nomination for the Departed. Dude, I thought you were on the up swing. What kind of dirt did M. Night Shamalamadingdong have on you to force you into this film? I'm at a loss here.

Although, I did enjoy the whole speech about the cough syrup. I actually laughed out loud. And that lady who used to be the mom on Eight is Enough? Scary. Really scary. Freaked me out. That's why I am blogging right now. At 11:14 PM in the evening. Because Uberman has to do something online with his fantasy league team or whatever, so I am sitting in the office with him because I am too scared to go downstairs to our bedroom by myself. So I am waiting it out. Even though I want to go to bed. Because I am tired and I am getting a cold and I don't feel well. But no flipping way am I going downstairs by myself. Too scary. All because of Eight is Enough lady. That woman scared the crap out of me and now I am going to have nightmares.

Maybe I will be less scared if I try to remember the names of all the kids on Eight is Enough. Let's see.... Well there was Nicholas, of course. And Tommy. Mary, David, Elizabeth. Nancy.... Joanie?? Was there a Joanie? And one more... Who am I forgetting?? Susan!! Yes, Susan! Is that right? Did I get all of them? I am so awesome.

And maybe a little drunk on Nyquil? Is it obvious?

Whatever. Don't rent The Happening. Because it's really dumb. And Marky Mark is not good in it. And Zooey Deschanel is even worse. I liked her much better in Elf. And it had the scary Eight is Enough step mom lady. Oh jeez. Now I am scared again. Gah!!

6 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

I wanted that movie to be good, but when I saw the commercials and that annoying, expression-frozen Zooey Deschanel, I just couldn't give my money away. That woman annoys me.

(I probably would have had nightmares, too!)

Kristi said...

Hey, great job on remembering all the kids from 8 is Enough! I always thought Abby looked like she could just start screaming like a banshee at those kids at any given moment.

Here's a little present, just for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiE4dE1MtRY

Katie @ 3 Blondes and a Redhead said...

I thought "Shamalamadingdong" looked a little long to be homeboy's name! Wasn't that a word in that last song in Grease when Olivia turned into a bad-girl? "Tell me about it...stud..."

PS - I don't do scary movies. The commercial for "What Lied Beneath" gave me nightmares for weeks...

DevilsHeaven said...

Not worth it eh? The scary movies now a days just aren't cutting it.
Jerks.
But now I kinda want to rent it just to see how bad it is.

Trisha said...

I know what you mean about the nightmares! That is why I gave up scary movies LONG ago! I would have nightmares for weeks after seeing one! The time in college when my boyfriend "made" me watch every Halloween movie . . .yikes!

Becky said...

Since I just recently watched the infamous Glenn Close/Michael Douglas "Fatal Attraction" mess on TV... and I still have visions of that really bad permed blonde coming after the wife with a knife, I think I will pass on the Happening.

Even though I know that she (Glenn Close) got the bullet in the end, I'm freaked out by white bathtubs, water, knives, blood, and boiling rabbits.

I know...it was 20 years ago...but that is the beauty of Direct TV and all of the crap available late at night! (Should have stuck with infomercials!)

The Maid