Sunday, September 7, 2008

You Say It's Your Birthday

Today is my birthday. Yes, thank you. I love my birthday, I always have. I love that it is in September, because I have the best birthstone. And I love that it is on the 7th because that is a lucky day. And I love that every 5 years it is on Labor Day. My birthday rocks.

So in honor of my 37th birthday, I would like to share with you 37 things I know for sure.

  1. Sometimes your mother is right.
  2. Always trust your instincts.
  3. If someone shows you who they are, believe them.
  4. Things are not always black or white. There are grey areas.
  5. It's okay for people to disagree.
  6. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara is still the best.
  7. It is never acceptable to be rude.
  8. Nobody's life is perfect.
  9. No matter what job you have in life, you will always find yourself working with the same people. They just have different names.
  10. Being happy is so much easier than being miserable.
  11. A pair of Spanx can make you a whole new woman.
  12. Sometimes it is necessary to do something you don't want to do.
  13. You can't judge a book by its cover and you can't judge a person based on first impressions.
  14. You do not have to be friends with everyone.
  15. Not everyone is going to like you.
  16. It's okay to admit when you are wrong.
  17. When you tell someone you are sorry, mean it.
  18. You absolutely can not please everyone.
  19. It is okay to say no.
  20. Sometimes you have to make a mess in order to clean up a mess.
  21. Life is so much easier when you are organized.
  22. People can change.
  23. Your way is not the only way.
  24. Sometimes it's okay to flush the plan.
  25. And sometimes it's better to stick with the plan.
  26. Nine times out of ten the movies you are adamant about not wanting to see are the ones you will laugh at the most.
  27. Your kids are listening to everything you say, even if you don't think they are.
  28. It's okay to be angry or sad, but at some point it's up to you to get over it.
  29. Everything in moderation.
  30. It's so much easier to be a parent before you actually become one.
  31. Being in a foreign country is a lot like being a guest in someone's home, it is essential to be polite, mind your manners and be thankful.
  32. Everyone looks different on the outside, but inside we are all the same.
  33. You can't spend your life looking back, you will miss what's in front of you.
  34. No matter how overwhelming the task, you will always feel better once it's finished.
  35. Life is often like Survivor. You need an alliance to make it to the end.
  36. Only God knows your heart.
  37. Learn, learn, learn from your mistakes.

Have a wonderful and joyous September 7th! Treat yourself to something sweet. Thanks for sharing my birthday with me!

14 comments:

Caitlin said...

Love this.
Love you.
So glad we found each other!
Happy Birthday, sweet friend! I hope this is the best one yet.

kristen s said...

Happy Birthday, April! Today would have been my dad's birthday too. Only the most special people are born on September 7th! And you're right, you DO have the best birthstone. No fair. Do something super fun and eat something YUMMY!

Mom Taxi Julie said...

Happy Birthday! Great list.

Kristin said...

Sapphires are definitely the best, how appropriate that it would be YOUR birthstone. Have a great birthday, Lucky 7!

for a different kind of girl said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday! I love this list and I pretty much agree with everything except #6. I've never had gotten the greatness that is Maybelline Great Lash mascara! Oh well, I'll leave it for you. It's your birthday, afterall!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Queen! ;)

I love your list! I would add to number 29 what I have learned...

"Everything in moderation, including moderation!" ;)

Sometimes you just have to do it up BIG!

Love ya,
Bex

aschmoel said...

Happy Birthday to the most beautiful girl on the planet! Your list is too long...I thought you were 27 this year?

Love you!
Raia

Trisha said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great one!

Your list is both thought provoking and so, so true!

Thanks for the gift on YOUR birthday!

DevilsHeaven said...

Happy Birthday! If had some Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar chips I'd send you a bag!!!

gigglepotamus said...

Happy Birthday, April (a day late). You share the same birthday as my mom, so I'll just say we celebrated for you, yesterday, too :)

I hope you unabashedly ate something exceedingly caloric with no regrets...

WILLIAM said...

Happy Birthday. MY instincts told me not to wish you a happy d-day but I decided not to trust them

Roland Hulme said...

"No matter what job you have in life, you will always find yourself working with the same people. They just have different names"

Oh my GOODNESS is that true.

Happy birthday!

Sue said...

April I loved this post! I hope you had a wonderful, wonderful birthday, you certainly deserve it. Everytime I read your blog I count my blessings for having found you!

You. Are. Special.

Happy Birthday, and MANY, MANY more!

Coffee Bean said...

Oh! Happy Belated Birthday!!! And September does have the best birthstone! My BD is on the 12th.