Friday, September 5, 2008

Updates, Cookies and Prayers, Oh My

So here's the dealio.

Third interview yesterday, it went so well. It was at a different location, different women interviewing me. They were awesome. We clicked right away. And guess what? They have an opening at that office. The only problem, the other office gets first dibs because they interviewed me first.

Buuuuuut (whining, stamping feet), I would so much rather go to this location over the one last weeeeeeeeek. First of all, it is MUCH closer to home. My commute would be 4 miles as opposed to 15 miles. I mean come on!! Can you even consider less than 4 miles a commute? Second, the hours they need me are much more conducive to my kid's schedules. Dude! I would not have to worry about after school care for the boys and I could still take Boo to preschool. It's perfect! Third, the environment and atmosphere at the second office was just so different than the first. There was more energy, more smiling, more laughter. It just seemed more fun. And that's just so much more how I roll. Right?? More fun!!

So here is what I ask of you. Because you are my peeps and I know I can count on you. I need you to pray and cross your fingers, legs and toes that it will work out and I can be assigned to that location, with the awesome hours and non-commute and super fun new work friends. Yes, I realize I should just be praying I get a job, much less making all these extra demands. But I am thinking blue sky, people. Blue sky and rainbows and sparkly hearts and me running barefoot through a meadow filled with flowers as I celebrate the joys of having the perfect job with perfect hours and perfect coworkers and perfect drive there.

Did I mention there is a Paradise Bakery right across the street?? Dude! I know! It's a sign right? Right? The lobby of this office SMELLS LIKE COOKIES!! My favorite smell ever (besides new shoes)!! Hello?? Is it just me or is this not the perfect place for me??

What are you still doing here? You are supposed to be praying for me and crossing all your appendages! Now go!!

9 comments:

Kristi said...

While crossing all fingers and toes, and saying multiple Hail Marys I feel the need to be a buzzkill - and in the immortal words of Mick Jagger, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find, you get what you need. Oh ya!"

I so, so hope you get what you want, but you know you'll get what you need!

Becky said...

Lord Jesus please give dear Queenie the job that YOU have in store for her. I pray that your will and your desire for her would match her own...that she could work with the fun Lisa Frank office people instead of the Bad Cop people. Lord, as you place dear Queenie at the office of your choice, please keep in mind that Paradise Bakery can be a good thing for her friends too. We can meet her for lunch and eat a yummy chicken walnut sandwich and Snickerdoodle...and they even have caffiene free diet coke at their fountain...and, well, your will be done Lord. :)

In Jesus Name,
Fellow Paradise Bakery
and Shiny Happy People Lover,
The Maid

Caitlin said...

I am sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way my dear. Not to mention big fat hugs. I am confident this will work out the way it's supposed to. I ended up in the job I thought was my 'second choice', and it turned out to be a better choice. Whatever happens, you will rock their world.

xoxo

PS? I don't know WHAT this paradise bakery is, but it sounds DEElish.

aschmoel said...

Praise the Lord. Amen. I will continue prying for you! I know it will turn out in your favor. According to Uberman, that branch really wants you too. Perfect match I say!

I love that last week we were praying for you to get a job, period. This week, we are praying for the best one of TWO!

And Caitlin, you are missing out on Paradise Bakery girlfriend. They are the only restaurant legally allowed to bake crack! That can be the only explanation for the baked goods they create and you MUST have EVERY day, say 3:00 in the afternoon with a Diet Coke!

WILLIAM said...

Just what do new shoes smell like?

for a different kind of girl said...

I'm super late getting here for this update! I'll double and triple up on the prayers, though (I hope mine are effective for you. I've kinda missed church now for, oh, let's just say awhile...). Hope you hear some great news soon!

kristen s said...

Okay, I'm crossing my fingers, eyes, arms, legs and toes (but its gttig hrd to tyyyp) so I'm just going to keep sending good luck vibes your way and hope you get hired at the office with the cool peeps!

I do have to say, however, that they can't possibly be *perfect* coworkers, because I don't work there, and (not to toot my own horn TOO much or anything) but they can't possibly be as fun to work with as me. After all, how many people can provide you with the thrill of watching them walk into a freshly cleaned CLOSED glass door two days in a row? (Remember when I did that? My nose still hurts!) Yeah... try to replicate that kind of coworker perfection... pretty hard to top.

DevilsHeaven said...

COOKIES? How could you even work! But yes, I hope and pray you get that location!!!

Sue said...

I'm keeping all body parts crossed for you. It's a big sacrifice on my part, but for you, I'm willing to do it.