Saturday, September 20, 2008

Queen in Training

First week of training - ovaaaahhhh!! One down, one to go. And just so y'all don't panic and send out a search party, I thought I would give you a peek into my average day. This way you know what I am up to and why I have not had time to be a good blogger lately. Okay?

5:30 AM - Alarm goes off. I reluctantly get out of bed...
6:30 AM - I am on the road.
6:40 AM - Stop at Starbucks, get a Pumpkin Spice Latte for my MIL, who watches my little Boo during the day, including taking her to preschool and picking her up, and picking the boys up from school and keeping them until I get off work. I think the woman deserves to start her day with a delicious hot beverage, don't you?
6:50 AM - Drop Boo off at Granny's.
7:00 AM - On the freeway for my drive to, no joke, the extreme opposite side of town.
8:30 AM - Begin training class.
8:30 - 4:30 - In training class. Take notes, listen, yawn, take notes, listen, occasionally laugh, take more notes, listen some more, yawn some more, but learn so much my head hurts at the end of the day.
4:30-6:00 PM - Back on freeway.... Slowly, oh so slowly make my way across town again.
6:00 PM - Pick up kids from Grandparents (who have usually fed them dinner. I LOVE these people!).
6:25 PM - Arrive home.
6:25 - 8:30 PM - Prepare and eat dinner with Uberman, do a load of laundry, clean up dinner mess, check homework, iron everyone's clothes for next day, pack lunches for next day, break up arguments between siblings, get kids ready for bed.
8:30 PM - Kids in bed.
8:30 - 9:00 PM - Check emails, read blogs, pay bills, etc.
9:00 PM - Get ready for bed.
9:30 PM - Watch TV and visit with Uberman until I finally fall asleep and the day starts all over again.

One more week. One more week. One more week.

8 comments:

kristen s said...

Ha ha. My eyes must be playing tricks on me. I thought I read "iron everyone's clothes for next day". Can you believe that? I mean, who in the heck... Oh. Wait. You iron everyone's clothes? For real? Serious as a heart attack? EVERYONE'S???

The last time I broke out the old ironing board was to iron on a patch for some kind of sports thing...about 4 months ago. I actually have a prenup on ironing. So hey, April, thanks for making me look like a TOTAL SLACKER. There's nothing wrong with just spraying a little of that nifty Downy Wrinkle Releaser and shaking the shirt around, you know. It works. A little bit. Whatever.

Congrats on your half-way point! Hopefully this week will fly by and you'll be in awesome office euphoria before you know it.

Sue said...

Glad to hear you sailed through the first week. Isn't it nice to know that you've only got that commute for one more week.

I'm with Kristen - iron everyone's cloths for the next day? Girl, you are making the rest of us look bad!

Kristi said...

uh ya..I don't iron either. My husband is the only one to ever use the ironing board for his uniforms. My kids think that only daddies iron clothes - of course, mommies do everything else!!!

I think I love your inlaws. Can they be my inlaws too? Are they accepting applications?

for a different kind of girl said...

I've had a shirt hanging up in my laundry room for, I'd say, two years, that needs ironed! My husband recently brought it upstairs with some other, non-ironable clothes, and attempted to hang it in my closet, but I made him take it back down to the laundry room, where it can continue to mock me for at least another year, maybe three, at which point I'll have to get rid of it since it'll be so hopelessly out of style!

The childcare arrangement with our inlaws is fantastic. How great! Also, hope you won't have such a long commute when you get into the meat of your job. Isn't this the one where it's located really close to you?

Enjoy (endure!) your last week of training!

Thunderfoot said...

Goodness! One more good....good thing. (I'm an ironer too...)

Trisha said...

I must join the ranks of the non-ironers. Everything I touch with an iron looks worse when I am done than it did when I started. My Mother is so ashamed. She taught me how to iron properly (and I DO follow her directions) but I just can't do it!

Congrats on surviving an entire week of training! I am sure week two will pass really, really, quickly.

By the way - just what do you do at your job that requires two weeks of training?

DevilsHeaven said...

I'm hoping on the non-ironing bandwagon here. YOU ARE CRAZY. But I still like ya.
And I can't believe you roll out of bed at 5:30 without hitting the snooze. The Snooze gets hit in our house 3 times for a total of a 30 minute snooze. I was way late this morning too.
More power to ya!

Bogart in P Towne said...

remember, a damp towel in the dryer with a couple of wrinkled shirts...5 mins...wrinkles gone.