Saturday, August 30, 2008

Putting His Moves Where His Mouth Is

Update! Special thank yous to the lovely Caitlin and Katie, who were kind enough to explain to me how to upload a video. Now I don't feel so stupid. Which I am sure is only temporary.



Have y'all seen this?? Regardless of where your vote lies (just please vote!), this is funny.

But don't start talking smack about Rick Astley. He's the man. And if you don't like this song, you're a liar.

And just because I do believe it is important to give credit where credit is due, I saw this on one of your blogs and unfortunately I can't remember which one. So I do not take credit for finding this, I only take credit for laughing and playing it over and over again. It is quite simply, genius.

I, on the other hand, am quite simply not a genius. I can not for the life of me figure out how to upload a video. Am I stupid or what? What is the secret here?? Anyone know?? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

How old is that joke? Anyone know? Buel... Oh forget it.

5 comments:

aschmoel said...

OMG! I am crying laughing. I mean who in the heck has time to think this stuff up let alone put it together?I'm glad someone does, someone did, and you post it on your post to share. Seriously, that is genius!

Caitlin said...

HA! I just died laughing. I showed it to Zach and we were both cracking up (and also agree that some people have WAY too much time on their hands!). Thanks for sharing!

As for posting vids -- when you're creating a new blog, look at the toolbar up top (where you can change fonts, etc.). Look all the way over to the right, second to last button (next to the eraser), there's a button that looks like a filmstrip. Or at least I think they *want* it to look like a filmstrip. Click on that, and you can 'choose file' from your computer just like you would for uploading a photo. Or you can just copy and paste the 'embed' code from youtube right into the blog itself and that should do the trick.

Kristi said...

1. Oh Rick Astley....I'm never gonna give you up.
2. That was freakin A hilarious!
3. I use the Bueller line all the time, and you would not believe how many blank looks I get! Yet another reason why I need to live next door to you.

Enough with the numbering - it's giving me a headache. Have a great Sunday.

DutchMac said...

Love it, love it, love it! I'm off to show this to my stuck-in-the-80s husband ... because nothing says 'humour' like a 6'5" linebacker-built Limey dancing as in sync (and just as badly) as a stick-thin US presidential candidate.

Now THAT'S a video I should post! :-)

Manager Mom said...

Oh dear...as much as I like Obama, note to politicians:

Do. Not. Dance. Ever.

It will come back to haunt you.