Saturday, July 26, 2008

Redundant

So far this no job thing I'm trying is awesome.

Yesterday I watched 8 straight hours of TiVo. In my pajamas. But I was productive, I completed one whole load of laundry. And I didn't neglect my babies, I fed them cereal, crackers, frozen pizza, ice cream and sourdough toast. For dinner I went all out. I made Ramen noodles. Which I have not eaten in probably 25 years. And they were delicious. Next time I am going to add some chicken.

Today's agenda? Baking. Because I feel like it. I am going to make
Katie's Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Bars and Oatmeal Cake. I'm also going to eat a pretty significant portion of both. And I am going to wash it all down with Diet Pepsi. At least until 5:00 pm and then I'm going to switch to a bottle of Riesling. Because it goes so well with desserts.

So yeah, I think I am handling everything really well.

9 comments:

Caitlin said...

ENJOY IT, my love, because before you know it, you'll be back to sitting at a desk somewhere dreaming of the days that you sat around in your pj's doing nothing.

Trust me.

:)

Mom Taxi Julie said...

LOL I've been on this "way of life" for awhile now. I was so bored the other day I actually applied to a few places..

Katie said...

The chocolate chip bars will make you feel better...they always make ME feel better! (um, not that I self-soothe with food or anything...)

Becky said...

Yummmmmmm....cookies...in your pjs.

Life. Is. Good.

The Maid

Kristi said...

I'm there for the wine! I say start that right after lunch and have it WITH the cookies.

Coffee Bean said...

Hmmmmm... that sounds like... my life...

Coffee Bean said...

Oh, and just to clarify... those dot dot dots that I do all the time... Totally do NOT mean what they do in Mama Mia. Just so we are clear... OK... cause...um... I do the dot dot dot thingie ALL THE TIME... and like... I wouldn't want you to think that I'm... like... you know...

for a different kind of girl said...

The honeymoon phase of this new stage in life is the best! I totally started watching soaps again, but dang if I didn't wish I'd had that cookie recipe back then!

DevilsHeaven said...

OH! I do the baking thing too when I'm bored!!! Send me some!!!