Seriously, don't you just want to slug people who say that? Anyhoozers, there's a lot going on in my life right now. More than I want to get into at the moment. But never fear, no one is dying or anything. So I thought I would do a bullet point post today. Just some random items that I felt were noteworthy. You might not think so, but hey - It's my blog baby.
And here we go....
- Did a Starbucks run at lunch today. Well it's actually a Starbucks drive, isn't it? I mean it's officially 187 degrees outside so we all know this plus size girl was not running anywhere. Why do they call it plus size? I mean plus what? A bigger ass? Plus more fabric in the thighs? Really, anyone know? No?? Okay, let's move on. The closest Starbucks is at least a whole quarter of a mile from work. Seriously, who is going to walk that far? Anyway, the reason this Starbucks drive was so significant was because today, I had for the first time ev-ah . . . a mocha frapuccino. I know! Hello 21st Century, my name is April. Pleased to meet you (curtsy). And in case any of you are wondering, I usually prefer my coffee like I like my men - tall, hot and covered in whip cream. Oh my! I can't believe I just said that! It's the caffeine talking. No, really.
- The funniest thing I saw this weekend was Boo standing at the top of the stairs, iPod head phones in her ears, shaking her money maker and belting out Linkin Park's What I've Done at the top of her lungs. Eyes closed, tiara on her head and full on jazz hands extended. Not a care in the world. Precious!
- Saturday Uberman and Junior went to a special event for Diamond Backs season ticket holders at Chase Field. There was a raffle for tickets in the batter's box for tonight's game against da Cubs. Junior won!! I don't know who was more excited, Junior or Uberman. We have really good seats anyway, but hello - these are directly behind home plate on the field level! ($400 each!) Every time they show someone up to bat, Junior and Uberman will be on TV, grinning like little kids. Well one of them is a kid, but you get what I mean. Watch for them and let's all pray the D-Backs don't blow it like they did yesterday. Idiots.
- I tell y'all in my 101 things that I am allergic to weird stuff like zucchini and halibut. I know, I don't get it either. So yesterday we went up to my Mom and Dad's for dinner and to drop off Boo and Mac who are staying with them until Thursday. My mom made the most delicious dinner - the Best Salad in the World (officially), scalloped potatoes, fresh corn on the cob grilled to perfection, homemade bread and . . . fresh halibut they caught on their trip to Alaska a few weeks ago. I had not eaten halibut in 20 years, I really thought maybe I had outgrown my allergy. No such luck. But it was so worth it. Not only was it delish, but I slept AWESOME last night due to my two doses of Benadryl. And the hives have actually given my normal pasty white skin a little color today. It's been a win-win, so yay!
- My mother cracked me up yesterday and this is probably a "you had to be there" story, but I am sharing anyway. She lives in Podunk Small Hick Town Arizona, and it's lovely. Everyone has a gun rack in the rear window of their pick up and their main street consists of a post office, a volunteer fire department, a gas station and a "restaurant" that serves pizza and ribs. Seriously. So anyway, they live in a cul de sac and she was giving me all the gossip on the neighbors. Nothing too bad, just the usual small town stuff - This guy refused to chip in to have the road paved and this guy caught his wife with someone else, this lady makes the best pies, and then she totally threw me with "And this guy is really nice and I think he's gay because he likes cats." Seriously almost peed my pants from laughing. I mean who needs gaydar? Just give the guy a cat and see how he handles it. Right? My mother is FUNNY!
- I got a package in the mail this weekend from the lovely Gigglepotamus (Okay Blogger's being a poopie head and not letting me hyperlink right now so check her out in my blogroll to your right, she rocks!). I had ordered one of her adorable t-shirts for my youngest nephew, Smiley McChubbyThighs. It turned out so flipping adorable, I can hardly wait to give it to him for his first birthday. So I was showing it to Uberman and he asked where I got it and I said "My friend Lauren made it." And he says "Who's Lauren?" And then I realize, I have never met her. I only know her through the blogosphere and email. But I feel like we are friends. How weird is that?? I had this same conversation with Caitlin from Bread and Cheese. (Again, refer to blogroll on the right. Your other right! Sheesh!) Which brings me to my next bullet...
- A lot of people have asked me why I have two blogrolls, so I thought I would explain. The one on the top, or as I affectionately call it, The Queen's Court, is made up of people I know personally or are friends of friends (like Chandy, DutchMac and the awesome Brenda). The list titled The Queen Likes to Read, are people I have never met, but regularly read their blogs. And many of them feel like friends. It's a crazy thing. There are many other blogs I frequent and have not taken the time to list yet, but I feel the same way. Thanks for sharing your stories with me and taking the time to read mine.
That's it for now. Thanks for indulging me today. This was a sucky post. Maybe I should have put that part at the top and saved you some time?? Oh well - Happy Monday!! Muah-ha-ha! (That's supposed to be me cackling, in case you were wondering.)