Monday, July 28, 2008

Abundant

Uberman has a pretty sweet man cave. It has everything a guy could want. Big, comfy, overstuffed seating. Two flat screens so he can watch not one, but two games at once. Mini-fridge stocked with weird beer you have never heard of (Uberman is a serious beer snob). Sports memorabilia all over the walls. Giant autographed magazine cover of Gena Lee Nolin. It's basically the room every guy dreams of.

But there is one problem. I thought I would share it with you. Are you ready? Here goes...
















.
..
.
.
.
..
For the two flat screens.
.
.














.
.
.
..
.
..
..
For the stereo and surround sound.
.
.
















.
.
.
..
DVR for the TV on the left.
.
.
















.
.
.
.
TiVo for the TV on the right.
.
.
.















.
.
.
..
.
Projector and Movie Screen.
.
.















.
.
..
DVD Player.
.
.
.














.
.
.
.
.
.
XBOX 360 - To keep in touch with his inner 12 year old boy.
.
.


















..
PlayStation 3 - same explanation as above
.
.
.
















.
.
.

.
The Universal Remote his parents bought him for Christmas. Two years ago. Probably out dated. Still. In. The. Box.
.
.
You see my friends, the only thing we are apparently lacking in this room . . . is efficiency.


Dear Blogger, you are a dirty pirate hooker. Just because I am currently unemployed, it does not mean my time is not valuable. In the amount of time it took me to edit this post, I could have cleaned my bathrooms, folded two loads of laundry, changed the sheets on all the beds and come up with a cure for cancer. Thanks for starting my morning on such high note. Sincerely, the irritated and frustrated Queen.

10 comments:

DevilsHeaven said...

Wow, Uberman sure is one lucky dude. But all those remotes give me a headache just looking at them. We have 3, and I hate them.

Becky said...

I have to call my 16 year old son out of his boy cave to come and turn on the tv for me.

And I have a degree.

Dang it.

The Maid
PS - I'm sure if you ask Katie to come over with her label maker and some dandy organizing baskets, she would gladly help solve the man cave remote dilemma.

Just a thought.

Kristi said...

That drives me crazy just looking at it! If I'm ever in the area, I'll come over and program that damn thing for you!

PS My husband would be SO jealous if I showed him this post.

for a different kind of girl said...

I can barely find the buttons I want (which amounts to about four!) on the one remote we have!

Katie said...

HaHa Becky. I don't label my remotes, but I DID type an instruction list for my MIL so she knew what to do with our 4 remotes to turn on the DVD player for Ryan. Unfortunately, she needed to read the instructions EVERY time she babysat. Poor woman...

Chris H said...

I HATE remotes... we have about 4 in our lounge and they drive me nuts! In my cleaning frenzy yesterday (upstairs) I actually threw out 2 remotes.... no idea what they were for and don't care! You must have a VERY CLEVER husband for him to know how to use so many!

WILLIAM said...

A freind one time told me that man's obsession with the remote is like his obsession with his penis. Now when I read your post and the comments and I think penis when I read the word remote itmakes it all so much funnier.

Trisha said...

Wow! Talk about remote overload! That is a lot of remotes! I am happy that we only have four. Or is it five? I lose count once in a while!

Bogart in P Towne said...

There is a pretty sweet universal remote by Sony...it even controls your lights and ceiling fans...sure, it is $1500, but it looks like a computer and can do anything you want...I like that.

Now, how to save for both a flat screen AND that remote.

Me_Again said...

HA! I don't even have cable. What am I going to do when all the TVS go digital =-0
Honestly, I don't know how to work those remote things. Sad. I. Know.