Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tagged By the Maid

Becky is making me do this.

The ABC's of me:

A. Attached or Single? Happily attached – Uberman and I have been married for 14 years, together for 18. High School sweethearts, sort of.

B. Best Friend? Uberman above all. I know, how sweet huh? Then Dee and Raia. Dee and I have been best friends since 9th grade. She and her husband The Dirt Bike Kid (DBK) are our travel buddies and all around partners in international crime. I will blog more about them later. I have the best pictures of DBK doing nasty things in foreign countries and I am trying to talk him into letting me post them. He is by far one of the funniest people I have ever met. Raia and I have been friends for sixteen years. We can never stop being friends because we have way too much dirt on each other. Dee is the person I go to when I need brutal honesty. Raia is my girl when I need someone on my side. I love them both and would be lost (sometimes literally) without them.

C. Cake or Pie? That’s like asking me to pick a favorite child, are you kidding? I am an equal opportunity dessert eater. How about Favorite Pie – Coconut Cream, Favorite Cake – My SIL’s Pineapple, my aunt V’s Boiled Fudge, my mom’s Cherry Chip.

D. Day of choice? Sunday – We very rarely plan things for this day because we like to spend them together as a family hanging out, watching movies, relaxing, etc.

E. Essential item? Chapstick. Or Diet Coke. Or Mascara. Or People Magazine. Or my iPod. If I have to pick just one I’m screwed. But would probably go with chapstick.

F. Favorite color? This is hard. I really don’t have one. It depends on what we are talking about. I love red. I love pink. I love bright chartreuse green (my entire family refers to this as April Dawn Green). Mah cu-lah’s are Blush and Bashful.

G. Gummy Bears or Worms? Milk Duds. Gummy things are gross.

H. Home town? What does this mean? Where I live now? Where I was born? Where I grew up? I live in Hotterthanhell Arizona. I grew up in Utah (No, I’m not Mormon). And I was born in Las Vegas. But I like to think of my home town as Tooele, Utah. That’s where my mom’s family is. Shout out to Aunt N and Uncle Dream Boy (glad to hear you are feeling better!), Auntie V, Cousin Petunia and all you other crazies. I miss you!

I. Favorite indulgence? Purses. I love purses. This one is my fantasy bag. I will probably never own this bag. But this one I would really love and don't think it is entirely unattainable. I’d just have to sell a kidney or a kid. I’m trying to decide which I can do without. I’m leaning towards the kid since I have three and I only have two kidneys. I’ll let you know.

J. January or July? Um, hello? Didn’t you hear me say I live in Hotterthanhell? I’m gonna go with January.

K. Kids? Three (possibly less when I decide about the purse) if you aren't counting Uberman. Ages 10, 8 and 4. And we are done.

L. Life isn't complete without? Well, my family. And good friends. And caffeine. And desserts. And People Magazine.

M. Marriage Date? May 21, 1994.

N. Number of brothers and sisters? Ooooh. This is gonna surprise some of you. Some of you who know me. And have known me for years. I tell people I am an only child. But I do have a brother. He is 2 years younger than I. We were not raised together, we just visited in the summer and holidays. It’s a complicated relationship and there has been a lot of heartbreak on both ends. We are no longer in touch for reasons too long for this post. It’s a blog for a different day. But I am okay with it. And you should be too. We are . . . . an American family.

O. Oranges or Apples? Apples, especially Granny Smith. Mmmm!

P. Phobia's? Snakes and various other reptiles. Flying. Small confined spaces. Lipstick on my teeth. The usual things people fear.

Q. Quotes? Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That’s why they call it the present. – The turtle in Kung Fu Panda. Skadoosh.

R. Reasons to smile? My husband whistling, my kids laughing. Friends and Family. Daniel Craig’s little blue trunks. What else does one need?

S. Season of choice? I love spring. The weather, the blooming flowers the whole rebirth of Mother Nature stuff. But I also love the fall. Autumn colors (that we only see on TV) and pumpkins. Don’t you just love New York in the Fall? Makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.

T. Tag 5 people. This part’s hard because Becky tagged everyone in her blogroll and most of those people are on my blogroll and what if someone else thinks this is dumb and doesn’t wanna do it? Okay so I tag Brenda, Ginger, Sue at Random Ramblings and DH at Adulthood Sucks. I should tag Matt because he hasn’t updated his blog in TWO MONTHS and maybe he’s suffering writer’s block in Ecuador. Or maybe he’s just really busy doing the work God called him to do? Yeah, I’ll go with that. But for the rest of you, if you don’t want to do it that’s okay. I don’t have a life so I love stuff like this. Plus as you have guessed I LOVE talking about myself. No, really.

U. Unknown fact about me? I am secretly a Victoria’s Secret Model. I just say all that “bigger” stuff to throw you off my true identity. I don’t know. I already told you I have a brother. What other shocking bit of info is there? Oh, wait. I have one! Even though I am thirty (cough cough) something, and a little fluffier than average, I can still do the splits. And stand on pointe. And I kick ass at Trivial Pursuit.

V. Vegetable? I just recently discovered I love artichokes. Does that count?

W. Worst Habit? Swearing. I’m working on it so back off. Oh and I leave stuff everywhere. Shoes, earrings, phone, keys. I just set it down wherever I am at and then I can never find it again. Oh and speaking without thinking. I rule at that.

X. Xray or ultrasound? Either, I look so thin in both.

Y. Your favorite food? This is difficult. Steak and baked potato (Uberman makes the best steak you will ever eat in your life), my mom’s lasagna, just about anything Italian, Fajitas, salads.

Z. Zodiac sign? Virgo. But I am not very Virgo-ish.

So there you go. My first tagging experience. Was it as good for you as it was for me?

13 comments:

Becky said...

I too, can still do the splits, however, my girl parts may be inclined to fall out given my state of the uterus.

I also love that you quoted:

Steel Magnolias
You've Got Mail
Kung Fu Panda
& You've Got Mail again! :)

Movie junkies rock...and yes, I too can hold my own in Trivial Pursuit...let's do this thang!

The Maid

Bogart in P Towne said...

Our blog-friendship is teetering...Gummy Candy is the only candy that matters.

For shame...

DevilsHeaven said...

I've been tagged! I'm am SO apart of the in-crowd now!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

You answer to C is awesome. LOL.

Katie said...

I: Your first purse link didn't work for me but that Louis Vuitton is delish!!! What a beauty - and I"m not even THAT into purses!

Q: my grandma says that quote all the time and says it slowly and dramatically, like she made it up or something. I'm going to tell her a cartoon turtle heard her quote through the grapevine and it made it into a movie.

gigglepotamus said...

Darn you, April- I got sucked into your ABC's & burned my gravy!

I'm with you on the snakes & flying.... and the swearing.

chandy said...

Okay, so I'm very intrigued by the idea of a boiled fudge cake. Do you think you could expand on that? Maybe with some pictures and recipes, pretty please?

Jessie said...

LOVE YOU, APRIL!

Okay, even before I clicked on the link for your dream purse, I KNEW it would be the Hermes Birkin Bag. How freaky is that? I just knew that you, like me, are into all things expensive and unobtainable. Like Hermes Birkin bags. Like, even if I could afford it, there's like a waiting list for them. It makes me love them even more. ahhhhhhhh.

And, I absolutely love "You've Got Mail". It's kind of a big deal with me. It's a remake of a classic movie, "The Shop Around the Corner" with Jimmy Stewart, which they also remade into a Judy Garland movie, with Van Johnson, called "In The Good Old Summer Time". And then to top it off, "You've" has Pride and Prejudice in it. Nice!

chandy said...

Hey April!
Yes, we should totally get together sometime! I love hanging out with people who have such great taste. Definitely get my e-mail addy from jess. And she can come along too! We can meet up for some wine and chocolate!

Jessie said...

Ooooh, sounds like a great idea! Sweet O is calling my name...

Becky said...

Ummm, hello?

Sweet O...

pick me pick me.

Why is it that you swear like an HBO movie and drink wine and Jess and Chandy want compliment your great taste and want to take you out for a fun girls night...but I say crap in my blog and have a drink once or twice a year...and my friend calls me and tells me that she can't hang with me cuz of my lack of spiritual cleanliness?

Dude I need new friends.

April said...

I do not swear like an HBO movie! You take that back! And didn't I say I'm working on it? Sheesh lady. Don't go calling me out on my own blog sister. You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns. :)

Becky said...

It must be the heat...I um, would never mess with the bull...really.

Besides...that was a compliment. I said I need new friends...(duh, you are one of them)...and I like HBO movies.

I mean sometimes there is nothing like a good swear word. (Just kidding people...get off me)

I love you Queenie...horns and all.

The Maid