Thursday, March 13, 2008

How's It Blogging?

Do you see that little map thing in the column to your right? It's called a Cluster Map and I am fascinated by it. It keeps track of where the people are who are reading my blog. It also tells me how many people looked at my blog the previous day. Dude, I need more traffic.

The big dot in Arizona is of course all my friends and family who are willing to humor me in my quest to find a creative outlet. I am pretty sure the dot in Utah is Lisa, my best friend from third and fourth grade, along with a couple of family members who I am sure have better things to do but looked at the blog to be polite. I know who the dot in South America is (Hola Matt! I miss you!). But do you see the dot in California? And the one in the Midwest? Can't tell where that is, Indiana? Ohio? Is Ohio considered Midwest? I have no idea who those two dots are. Isn't that amazing? Some total strangers looked at my blog. I wonder what they thought.

There are a lot of great blogs out there that I love. I'll add them to a favorites list soon so you can check them out too.

So this is my fifth post. Kind of a little milestone, I guess. I wish I could figure out a way for confetti to pop out at you. What do you think of my blogress? (Get it, my blogging progress?? Clever, eh?) Although I am enjoying the time I spend writing, it can be difficult to find blogworthy topics. I've said before I want a BLOG! and not a blahg. And again, I need to adjust my expectations. So here's a warning: Some of my future posts may suck. I know, hard for me to believe too.

But if you are a total stranger, please leave a comment. Let me know where you are and how you got here. I am curious. And let me know what you thought. I can take it, I'm wearing my big girl pants today.

2 comments:

bbunch said...

You are hilarious! Loved the "Bigger" post! I found you blog through yet another blogging buddy, Katie. Thanks for the laughs!

Your "newest" AZ reader,
Shelly

Lisa said...

Hi there, my name is Lisa. I'm a friend of Katie's, and she's mentioned you in one of her blogs saying you post some funny things- so I checked it out and she's so right! I really enjoyed reading it and got some great laughs too! I won't be able to give you a dot in a place you don't have one though because I live in Glendale Arizona. Thanks for the smiles!
-Lisa